Thursday, August 04, 2005

The next posting . . .

Good morning . . . rainy, drizzly day here in Belfast. This morning I am participating in a spatialisation study done by Eimear Twomey (SARC graduate student). Basically a group of us diffuse a piece over the 42 speaker system and Eimear records the movements; then, she begins to analyze the movement and tries to coordinate it with the content of the music (amplitude, frequency, etc.) Then I am off to the school of music in the afternoon where Jason Dixon (my evil twin) has been kind enough to set up (and solder!) the Harrison Studio so I may work unobstructed for the next two months in glorious octophony (eh, . . . 8-speakers). So, the panopticon project (see earlier post) is off the ground today. My partner Angela is back from Paris and has given me the gift of foie gras (goose liver pate), confit de canard (duck legs boiled in duck fat) and a few bottles of wine. We are gonna pic-nic on the floor sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home