Friday, July 21, 2006

Results . . . etc.

The viva went well and everyone was very positive. The hour and a half progressed quite quickly. I was told the portfolio was very good and that there were only minor corrections. This is a good result and the most usual one. Everyone does corrections.

Angela and I have been on the road for the past week. Leaving Belfast, we traveled to Dingle, calling on my friend Rachel Holstead and then up to Limerick to see my friend Riana. We are now in London visiting my good buddy Brock.

Angela and I got out British Library cards yesterday: she is going to research cooking, I am going to handle a minor corrections to my dissertation which I hope to resubmit in about 10 days. (The library card is a good move as London is very hot right now and the British Library is very air conditioned.) After resubmission, the internal examiner will hopefully check off the corrections and I become Doctor. All is good.

On another note, we have been trying to use the camera more; so I have photos of our travels from Dingle -> Limerick -> Dublin -> Irish Ferries -> Holyhead (Whales) -> London. I will post the montage once it is all put together. Give me a day or so. I intend to make these postings daily so check back more often.

Off to the library,

jeg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home