Monday, January 07, 2008

2008, here we go . . .

Well, the year officially begins for me today. That holiday time is over. I am slated for two courses (as far as I understand it now) at Columbia College in the Interactive Media Department: Sound for Interactive Multimedia and Linear Sound for Gaming. They should both be quite interesting courses, the first being an acoustics and studio techniques course with many practical projects and the latter pertaining to the use of creative, judicious, and computationally prudent sound in video gaming. So, I am getting together the syllabi and familiarizing myself with the required texts. I am just getting into preparing my acoustics lecture now.

So, that's it for the morning. On a related note I have successfully installed Parallels on the MacBook, so I can run Windows now . . . a necessity due to the PC nature of the software I will be teaching (Sony's Sound Forge and Acid Loops alongside other things which make game programming possible . . . so now I can roll with the rest of them).

I am truly looking forward to the sound for gaming course, especially as it may serve as a launching pad for my work in live improvisation and electronics. I have always imagined that game engines somehow might hold a key to musical interactivity and performance. We shall see!

jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home