Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Teaching . . .

Mostly teaching today. Studio techniques for first years. Basically, how to listen and make changes to what you are hearing -- hopefully for the better.

I was working in the Sonic Lab yesterday trying to figure out if the work I had done in the much smaller Harrison Studio would work in the bigger space. The results were mixed. The space is very different. At around 2:00 Pedro Rebelo showed up with MA students and asked me to play the piece and speak about it. I received some good feedback from the students and then we started talking about what they were going to do for the rest of their lives . . . this was actually a brief conversation.

So, today I am making a few structural changes to the piece and trying to flesh out some of the details a bit more. Looks like I will be good to go by the end of the week and have it all sewn up.

I am travelling down to County Cork next week to visit the piper Flaithre Neff to begin my final portfolio piece for Uillean pipes and laptop. Looking forward to capping this one off . . .

In the mean time, etc. etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home