Friday, November 10, 2006

Another beautiful day in Cassis . . .

Yes, it is still beautiful. The Mediterraean is like glass. It is November 10th and we can seriously contemplate swimming in the sea today. Might just have to do it.

This past Tuesday I had a wonderful time giving a talk to the other Fellows here at the Camargo. I spoke for over an hour on Futurism, Schaeffer, my music, John Oswald, Earle Brown . . . it was just fantastic. We listened to a good deal of music too. Wonderful stuff! Since then it has been pretty quiet, trying to recoup from the late evening out in addition to staying up all night watching the US returns come in over the internet. Here's hoping the Democrats can do better than the Republicans. What a mess the US administration has made of the world.

Angela and I leave for Helsinki tomorrow afternoon (via Frankfurt) to do a concert at the Sibelius Academy. Really looking forward to seeing Helsinki. That being said, we are horribly prepared for the sub-freezing temperatures. It should be a cold one! We can wear socks on our hands or something -- it should be a great time.

Upon my return to France next Wednesday I am going to particpate in the Locusonus Symposium in Aix en Provence. I am looking forward to seeing what it going on in Aix and hearing the speakers. I will be presenting some of my own work along with work of my colleagues at SARC. Should be a good time.

We will let you know how things are going next week. Maybe we will still be able to eek out a little swim then.

jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home